A Fair in September is a Sidbury Village tradition going back over 1000 years!
Pick up a leaflet from Drews, The Red Lion or St. Giles Church. Come along and take part – keep the tradition alive!
SAT 11TH SEPTEMBER
SCARECROWS GATHER 9.30am – 11 am Parish Room
SAT 11TH SEPTEMBER
CLAY SHOOT 11am – 4pm at White Cross, East Hill, Sidbury
40 Bird Sporting re-entry. Fibre wad cartridges only.
Due to current covid restrictions we cannot run a ‘Have a Go’ stand this year.
Enquiries: Tony Parsons – Tony.Parsons54@btinternet.com
SUN 12TH SEPTEMBER
RUN & WALK
• Register in marquee in Hallett’s Field – at bottom of Church Street just over the bridge 10.30am for 11.30am start.
A few changes for this year :-
• No pre-registration – register on the day - £2 walkers and young runners (over 7yrs), £3 adult runners
• New routes - bit shorter as we experiment with new format … likely to be longer again in 2022
• Start and finish in Hallett’s Field.
• Parking at Millennium Field or bottom of Sidbury Manor drive - follow the P signs!
As always please bring suitable footwear for running/walking on roads and tracks
Walking route for all abilities, pushchair friendly – can be all on road or include tracks.
Challenging runs for youngsters, teens and adults
BBQ from 12pm followed by prizes at 12.30pm
Enquiries: Nancy Craven 07767 688240
• PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO OUTDOOR CHURCH SERVICE BEFORE THE FUN RUN THIS YEAR.
MON 13TH SEPTEMBER
QUIZ EVENING IN THE RED LION
7.30 pm £5 per team (max 4 people per team)
Enquiries/ to book a table: Bib & Richard 597313
TUES 14TH SEPTEMBER
HOT PENNIES & GLOVE CEREMONY 12 NOON Church Street
Hot (warm!) pennies collected in Drews’ & The Red Lion are thrown over the churchyard wall for Sidbury School children to collect.
• PICTURE COMPETITION in the village hall
Theme: ‘FREEDOM AFTER COVID’ (Various Classes) Open to all children in the Parish. Pictures can be handed in at Sidbury School in the first week of term and there will be time to make pictures in class too.
• ART DISPLAY (IN ST. GILES’ CHURCH)
• ARCHIVE EXHIBITION OF ‘THE HISTORY OF SIDBURY FAIR’ (IN ST. GILES’ CHURCH)
• NEW EVENT – BINGO AT THE RED LION
EYES DOWN AT 7.30pm
WED 15th SEPTEMBER
INDIVIDUAL SKITTLES CHALLENGE
AT THE RED LION INN 7.30pm
A fun evening for beginners and experienced players alike!
Enquiries: Bib & Richard 01395 597313
THURS 16TH SEPTEMBER
TRADITIONAL HARVEST THANKSGIVING SERVICE 7.30pm ST. GILES’ CHURCH
Always a very special event in Sidbury.
Please come and meet our ‘nearly new’ Vicar, the Reverend Laura Selman who will be taking the service and who is very keen to meet everyone.
Light refreshments served in the church after the service
SAT 18th SEPTEMBER (YES SATURDAY! THIS YEAR) SIDBURY FAIR DAY
• Stalls selling local produce, crafts etc in the Church Grounds & field at the bottom of Church Street. OPEN: 10.30am
• Coffee, Ploughman’s lunches and teas served in Village Hall throughout the day.
• Displays of art from Sidbury Art Group and history in St Giles’ church with archive exhibition of ‘The History of Sidbury Fair’.
Organ & Piano recitals at intervals in St. Giles.
• 2pm VILLAGE AUCTION IN FIELD AT CHURCH STREET.
Traditional Auction of Poultry and Livestock ~ and also Local Produce, including logs, meat and lots of other goodies – something for everyone to bid for!
all Livestock MUST be pre-entered with Stags Auctioneers 01404 42553 and removed from site by 3pm.
• JORDAN CROSS MEMORIAL DUCK RAFFLE
Proceeds to School and Exeter Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital
• FUN DOG SHOW
SUNDAY 19th SEPTEMBER
EQUESTRIAN PLEASURE RIDE
Approx 10 mile route through outstanding countryside with stunning views.
Start in the grounds of Sidbury Manor, (kind permission of the Cave Family)between 10am and 12 noon.
Adult: £18 Child: under 16 yrs £14 (no unaccompanied under 16 yrs)
Pre-booking only – no entries on the day.
To book please email email@example.com